frescade: a cool walk; cool or shady place
Happy Friday, and welcome to my new weekly post, Friday Frescade. You'd better believe that I searched long and for a suitable "F" word that would go with Friday. And no, I wasn't going to go in the direction that you're thinking, so put those thoughts away! Finally, after consulting this list of obscure words, I settled on frescade. Ideally, my frescade will make you feel all things cool, easy, and breezy - exactly what you want to feel on a Friday afternoon, right??
My goal with Friday frescade is to share some wonderful inspiration I've been stumbling upon lately, all in one place. My goal is to have some writing and reading resources, some current stories, and share the wonderful people I connect to with all of you! It'll be short, sweet, easy, and breezy - like a frescade. Here we go!
Stuff to check out:
- Chris Guillebeau is on an author tour, and stopped in Philly on Sunday evening! His newest book, Born For This, is a really inspiring book for those of us who want to win the career lottery.
- I think I could relate to all of these 30 Signs You're Obsessed With Reading. Yes, officially obsessed!
- If you're wanting a good cry, read this tribute to Prince, Prince The Immortal. Then, if you're me, mourn the fact that you never got to see him live.
- Becca, The Dabblist, is an amazing resource when it comes to cultivating your creativity: How To Get Your Creative Confidence Back. The creative joy journal is such a great idea!
- I love how this article, Literature's Emotional Lessons, acknowledges that it isn't just about people understanding the book, it's about how people FEEL about the book!
- Can you believe that we'll finally have a woman on the $20 bill?? Harriet Tubman Ousts Andrew Jackson in Change for a $20. Crazy.
- I love everything Amy Poehler's Smart Girls puts out, and their earth day post is awesome! Happy Earth Day!
On My Bookshelf:
- Playing Big: Find Your Voice, Your Mission, Your Message by Tara Mohr
- The Wife, the maid, and the Mistress by Ariel Lawhon
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter
Want a fun song to get your weekend going? I know, I should have picked Prince, but I'm still too sad. Play this tune and it'll pick you right up!
Have a fantastic, fabulous, fun-filled Friday!